Tuesday, June 14, 2011

There's a hole in my bucket..

(Dear Eliza, dear Eliza)

I never knew why it was called a Bucket List. Urban Dictionary kindly defines it:
'A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket." '

Cool. So before I kick the bucket, here's some awesome stuff I want to do.

  • Round-the-world backpacking trip
  • Volunteer with kids overseas
  • Swim with dolphins (possibly wild ones!  I have my eye on Monkey Mia in WA)
  • Road trip around Australia
  • Have a spiritual experience
  • Do a season on a mountain somewhere, so I can learn how to ski well
  • Be a Couchsurfing host when I move out, to repay my couchsurfing karma
  • Go to the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia
  • Skydive
  • See the Northern Lights (properly this time, not just the teaser glimpse I got in Iceland 2010)
  • Scandinavia/ Iceland in Winter
  • Hot Air balloon ride (preferably over Cappadocia, Turkey)
  • Do a yoga+surf retreat somewhere in the world
  • Star gaze in Outback Australia and actually learn the stars..
  • Have a real Christmas tree one year
  • Experience an eclipse
  • Buy a longboard and live by the beach, so I can surf every morning
  • Write a book
  • Walk down the aisle without a doubt in the world
  • Camping in Corsica
  • Experience a white Christmas
  • Live overseas for at least one year
  • Increase my consciousness level
  • Call myself fluent in a language other than English

What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Oh we do have some in common (swim with dolphins, volunteer overseas with kids -preferably in some sort of teaching program)

    And then among other things, one day, I wish I could
    -study abroad (getting there!!)
    -ski in NZ
    -experience motherhood
    -spend one night at least in a tree house
    -write a blog/website/column as a teacher
    -go visit Tibet (ever since I saw brad Pitt's "7 years in Tibet"!)
    -go and see a hair stylist, trust him/her and simply say "do whatever you think that will look great" (just thinking about that one freaks me out!)
    -go on a getaway in one of these amazing spa-relaxing-massage resort and experience a hot stone massage.
    ...
    ...

    :)

    PS: I think I could help you achieve some of yours... :)

    ReplyDelete